What is Automobile Engineering?
Automobile engineering is the branch of engineering which deals with designing, manufacturing and operation of automobiles. In Automobile engineering, We deals with cars, bus, truck and automotive. For an automobile, we have to deals with mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and safety elements.
Automotive engineering is one of the most exciting professions you can choose.
The work of an automotive engineer can be divided into three categories:-
- Design:- Designing new products and improving the existing ones.
- Research and Development:- Finding solution of engineering problems.
- Production:- Planning and designing new production processes.
Automotive engineers and automotive companies exist all over the world.
Additional skills and activities:-
The variety of skills and tasks automotive engineers get involved. Here are some example
- Developing new test procedures, using both conventional and innovative methods.
- Bringing new products to market and being involved in problem-solving and project management.
- Devising and organizing tests, to answer questions from clients, consumers and other engineers involved in vehicle development.
- Anticipating vehicle or component behavior in different conditions with computer modelling software.
- Analyzing and interpreting technical data into reports or presentations and answering any queries about the results.
- Building an individual specialism within a larger team and working independently.
- Contributing to regular team meetings to update colleagues on progress, problem and new developments
- Managing all details of projects, including projected costs.
- Negotiating costs of development and engineering work with commercial departments.
- Supervising technical staff, engineers or designers.
Join the conversation