Exercise 14.1 Page: 239
1. Give five examples of data that you can collect from your day-to-day life.
Five examples from day-to-day life:
- Number of students in our class.
- Number of fans in our school.
- Electricity bills of our house for last two years.
- Election results obtained from television or newspapers.
- Literacy rate figures obtained from Educational Survey
2. Classify the data in Q.1 above as primary or secondary data.
Primary data: when the information was collected by the investigator herself or himself with a definite objective in her or his mind, the data obtained is called primary data.
Primary data; (i), (ii) and (iii)
Secondary data; when the information was gathered from a source which already had the information stored, the data obtained is called secondary data
Secondary data; (iv) and (v)